pic

pic
Fresh fish caught off the South Coast; free range or organic meats that are locally reared; seasonal, English fruit and veggies; as well as a whole range of other fresh and store cupboard items.

We are more than just a veg box scheme: we are your grocer, butcher and fishmonger rolled into one. Farm Direct's aim is to bring the best seasonal British fresh food straight to your door. We do not import any of our fresh food but source it from farms as close to London as possible. You wont find strwaberries in December or asparagus in July at Farm Direct.


pic
We have found working with the farmers to be a really inspiring experience. They work exhaustingly long hours in both managing their farms and bringing their produce to town. Farm Direct’s core aim is to connect customers with food producers, in a more direct way. In doing this we aim to give you great quality, regional produce at reasonable prices, as well as a real understanding of not only where your food comes from but also who actually produces it. By connecting you directly with your food producers, we believe that we are able to provide you with excellent value for money. In fact we would hope that for equivalent products, you will find it very difficult to find lower prices. How do we do this?

pic
Most of our farmers are located within 100 miles of London, and they all pick, process or butcher their own produce to bring to us, meaning that they have low transport costs, and don’t have the overheads that big companies have.

pic
Most farmers only receive around 20% of the money that you spend on food, with the remaining 80% going to a range of intermediaries (pack-houses. processers, wholesalers & retailers). We think this is a poor deal for both you and the farmers, and so we at farm-direct.com are setting out to ensure that the majority of your money goes back to the producers, and therefore allows them to give you better prices.

pic
We keep our costs really low, we have no stores (just our depot), hold minimal stock since produce comes to order and therefore have very little waste, have no unnecessary packaging, and allow you to order your produce online, and then you can come and collect it, or we deliver to you.

pic
Farm Direct believes strongly in animal welfare and all of the meat we sell is Free Range or Organically reared. Our fish is sustainably caught using lines or static nets.


Back to About Us >
Basket
Basket
£0.00
Your basket is empty
Information
Information
Next Delivery:
Fri 25 - Mon 28 January

Testimonials

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be very happy to recommend The Farm Direct team. Such good value, reliable and consistently great service. We always enjoyed getting fresh fruit, vegetables and good quality meat delivered on a Saturday morning. It really made our weekend and my family loved all the produce we bought. 

Aby, N11

View all testimonials